The Fine Print

All content, including text, design work, and photographs on this site are ©Bootybella Designs. Everything I share here is for personal inspiration and may not be copied for submission to contests, magazines, etc.You are welcome to case my artwork. I feel that is a form of flattery. Please give credit by posting a link back here, to my blog.

Thank you for your support!


Monday, January 7, 2013

Nursery Feature Wall Reveal....

So many people have been writing me asking to see Baby Jaxon's Nursery Feature Wall. I finally found some time to work on this intense project with the help of my good friend Nelia! The total project time was about 4 hours (plus a couple cocktails - but not too many - we had to keep the letters straight on the wall - FYI the following photos are taken crooked for effect - the letters aren't crooked!!) Lots of that time was burned up because I was indecisive on the layout!!! That's what happens when I have too many choices! As you will see from the photos, because the alphabet letters came in 3 pages and had to be separately cut - that then gave me creative grace to place them wherever I desired on the wall. This was a very tedious project but with her patience and my determination...we bonded over the alphabet yesterday afternoon....and Jaxon finally got his Alphabet Inspired Feature Wall!!! We used alphabet letters cut from a store I found on Etsy, Janey Mac Vinyl Wall Art. And were even able to incorporate a vinyl owl I had ordered off of Etsy before Jaxon arrived!! The gals at Janey Mac were very accommodating when I shared my vision on a wall covered in 3 tone alphabet letters with Jaxon's name all in one colour so that it would somewhat stand out!!! They were almost as excited as I was about the project so I hope they will be just as pleased as I am with the reveal!!!
So here is how it all went down....
The letters arrived like so....


We very carefully cut each and every letter out...measured out working space and built the layout on the floor....


Then it was time to "GO LIVE" and get them on the wall! Here is a before shot of the wall space we were working on...

And drummmmmrolll please.....here is what the finished wall looked like...




Would love to hear what you think....leave me a comment or two if you wish!
Have a fantastic week and thanks for stopping by!
Tootles,
Bootybella
~MWAH!

No comments: