The Fine Print

All content, including text, design work, and photographs on this site are ©Bootybella Designs. Everything I share here is for personal inspiration and may not be copied for submission to contests, magazines, etc.You are welcome to case my artwork. I feel that is a form of flattery. Please give credit by posting a link back here, to my blog.

Thank you for your support!


Monday, June 16, 2014

A Herb Garden of Many Varietals....

So I asked for herbs for Mother's Day (instead of flowers...)which have patiently sat in their purchased containers on my front deck for over a month.....waiting, waiting, waiting for someone to decide where/how to plant them. For awhile I thought I would get a strawberry pot (highly available when you are NOT looking for one!) but then gave up my search! Then I came up with the idea of using some wine crates I had laying around. These were the perfect destination for my fresh garden of seasoning....moveable and fashionable!!!
I stained each crate with mineral oil (which is safe to ingest by the way - instead of those other stains on the market) and filled them with dirt, chalked full of MIRACLE GROW!!! (which probably isn't safe to ingest!! LOL!!!)
Then I simply transplanted my herbs into three different boxes....I still left some room in the last box, because I want to pick up a couple more (oregano, mint & dill) so I needed a little space to plop them in.
Here are my pots that I did this year....
I wanted lots of green with a little splash of white to them, so I filled them with Hostas, Ivy's, Coleaus and White Snap Dragons. I also found this curly spiky plant that added some great texture!
Love the crispness and freshness of everything right after a spring rain!
Ready to welcome SUMMER with arms wide open!
~MWAH
Bootybella

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so interesting! I do not suppose I've read through something like this before.
So nice to find someone with unique thoughts on this issue.
Really.. thank you for starting this up. This website is one thing that is needed on the web,
someone with a bit of originality!

Also visit my homepage beauty parlor chairs