So thought I should post this month's Stampers 10 Cards....
I think I am safe to say that ALL my ladies had fun making these three cards, playing with brand new sets, learning new techniques, and bidding farewell to some memorable colors!!!!
This card was spring inspired with colors -Brocade Blue, Pink Pirouette - cause it's coming back! & Certainly Celery round out this palate...Using the new, Awash With Flowers set (in clear mount - which was a great hit!!) we stamped 3 of the daisy solids in Pink Pirouette on Whisper White, one in the middle and two off to either side. Then we took Pretty In Pink and stamped the silhouette outline. Stems were all done in Certainly Celery, flipping the stamp upside down to get the two stems off the blue flowers.
Two more daisy flowers were stamped out on an additional piece of WW in Brocade Blue and then we simply cut them out, and popped them up offset to the other flowers, using dimentionals. Prior to assembling we took the Brocade Blue and the daisy silhouette outline and stamped around all the edges of our card. We then assembled the layers, and VOILA!!!! Sentiment is from the new In A Word set in the Summer Mini! Doesn't everyone need a card that screams..."So Sorry!!!"?
Next up - we got da King of da Grill Man!!!! I LOVE THIS SET!!!! I guess I am a little partial to it because my hubby cooks EVERYTHING on the Barbie, so when I saw this set - I knew I was getting it, just to make stuff for him!!! Oh yeah, did I mention - I LOVE THIS SET?!!!
Ok, so we used Basic Black, Crushed Curry & Perfect Plum for the base & the layers. We stamped the image on Whisper White - once again, super duper easy in the clear mount - in Black Stazon, as we were coloring the image and did not want any of the black to pull into the image!! Although I simply cannot stand the fumes of CHERRY CHERRY CHERRY sifting up into the air while using the Stazon, this is an absolute must have if you are coloring, in my humble opinion.
The sentiments in this set are AWESOME so we stamped one out and punched with the word window punch for shape. Then we punched out a modern Label Punch of Crushed Curry and adhered the two together. Finishing off with a Mini Library Clip for a little metal, we popped the sentiment label with dimentionals.
Card was texturized on the front panel with Sizzix Embossing Folder, for a manly-er feel!!
Isn't it BTUiful?
And once you've had your burger fix, we can move onto dessert....bwahahahah....sometimes I just amaze myself!! LOL! Ok, so this card is done with the Sweet Scoops set, once again, from the Summer Mini. I earned this set after regionals, and was really excited to use it! Cardstock is Melon Mambo & Chocolate Chip, with a slice of CC Designer Series Paper. A bow was made out of the Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon and adhered to the top and back of the DSP. Then we secured down our DSP onto the cardstock.
*NB* At this point it is very important that everyone knows that the whole point of this card was to demonstrate the difference between the clear mount and the wood mount to my groups of ladies!! I did not, nor did I allow any of the ladies to use the Stampamajig for this project - so that is why I am proudly displaying a NON-PERFECT project!!
We then stamped 4 cones in Melon Mambo on the Melon Mambo to give the watermarked look. We repeated with the tops of the ice cream. Oh god, was this ever off!!! The good news is you got to pick your WORST ice cream cone and cover it up with the tag that we made!! The tag was free-handed as well, simply due to the size we needed to stamp the ice cream cone on. We stamped the cone in Chocolate Chip on WW. Then on a separate piece of WW, we inked up the ice cream top with Melon Mambo and pressed the zebra looking stamp right up to it - I believe this is called the "Kissing" technique. This "removed" some of the Melon Mambo ink off the ice cream top stamp and left an image. We then stamped the image and cut out, added chocolate sprinkles, and popped it up over the chocolate cone. Once the tag was cut out in WW, we glued it to some Chocolate Chip cardstock and trimmed up the layer. We punched out a circle in MM, folded over the top of the tag, punched a tiny hole through it all, tacked a piece of ribbon behind and covered up our worst cone!
The "piece de la resistance" was the Crystal Effects that was added to the ice cream to make it look all shiny!!! Don't forget this take quite a while to dry!
I should also mention my girlfriend did this card which I thought I was casing off of her but apparently Nancy Riely designed it, and then she cased it from her - so her is the link to Nancy's card if you want to check out her blog!!!
Well, hope you enjoyed these three projects - if you have any questions - hollar!