The Fine Print

All content, including text, design work, and photographs on this site are ©Bootybella Designs. Everything I share here is for personal inspiration and may not be copied for submission to contests, magazines, etc.You are welcome to case my artwork. I feel that is a form of flattery. Please give credit by posting a link back here, to my blog.

Thank you for your support!


Saturday, June 26, 2010

Hot Cocoa Hydrangea.....



So the other day I was at Home Depot looking in their garden centre and found THEE most beautiful roses - they almost looked artificial they were so gorgeous!!! They were called Hot Cocoa. So I picked a couple of them up and made room for them in my back yard.
As I was sitting, admiring them, it got me thinking......
I love this color combo of Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, and Pear Pizzaz!!!
I luv hydrangeas and so when I got this stamp set, Because I Care, in my pre order, I was thrilled. This will be a Level 1 Hostess Set as well!!! It comes with a couple saying, "Because I Care" and "Thank You" (pictured below) as well as a single petal hydrangea (which is what I have stamped in the background to jazz it up a little) a ornate row of flowers stamp, and finally, the super duper yummy Hydrangea! I stamped mine in Cherry Cobbler on the flower part, Early Espresso on the stem, and Pear Pizzaz on the leaves, with some blending of Cherry Cobbler into the leaves for a realistic look. I then colored in the flower with Riding Hood Red and accented some areas with Cherry Cobbler. To finish it, I just used my white gel pen and dotted it up a little. NJOY!!!

24 comments:

Christyne said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! Love all the detail you added!

Kim Jenkins said...

Beautiful, just beautiful. I love the reds.

Thanks for sharing,
Kim

Jacklyn said...

I look this card -- stunning -- the colors are amazing and the way you blended the colors in the flower make it look real.

=o) kel said...

love the colors on this card!! gorgeous!!

lovies, =o) kel

Karen said...

This is simply stunning! Love it and feel a CASE coming on! WOW!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Awesome cards! I love the flowers... and the rich color schemes!

Amanda said...

Great colour combo! Goergeous cards!

Marla Reed said...

These cards are so elegant and lovely! What a great color combo! Just beautiful!

Lois said...

Elegant! Stunning! Beautiful...all come to mind when looking at these beauties. Love the colors and your coloring.

Patty Gorka said...

These two cards are amazing! Love your coloring and great color combo. Isn't it funny how we think of stamping related things when we are out!?

Elisa said...

WOW! I think this is my favorite card using this set! I really need to get and use a white gel pen! It really adds to the card! Great job!

Heidi Baks said...

P.S. would love to see a pic of your hot cocoa inspiration too!

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful colors and coloring!

Elke said...

Wow Booty this card is beautifull...
love it!!

Shari Winterstein said...

This card is beautiful. I just signed up to follow your blog - so look behind you! LOL Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Allison Cope said...

Absolutely stunning girl!!!!

Sandy Hill said...

This is awesome! Best one I've seen yet with this set! I may have to try that! Gorgeous! TYFS!

chanda stehlik
www.bellevuestampingclub.com

I'm a new follower!

Unknown said...

wow wow wow .... what rich colors!!!

Bootybella Designs Inc. said...

Thanks for all the wonderful comments on these cards ladies - and Sandy Hill, I am flattered that you think so! I think my cheeks may be turning the same shade as my color combo on this card!! LOL!!!

Rita W said...

Those are AMAZING! Love the color combo. (and I love blog background too!)

...Darlene said...

Red is great I love this set and made a quick card yesterday in blues.

Mary Cavalier said...

love,love,love them!

Cheryl said...

LOVE LOVE the color! May have to run to the garden store now! Definetly CASE'ing this one!
New follower - Cheryl

lindiloo said...

Both cards are beautiful!!