The Fine Print

All content, including text, design work, and photographs on this site are ©Bootybella Designs. Everything I share here is for personal inspiration and may not be copied for submission to contests, magazines, etc.You are welcome to case my artwork. I feel that is a form of flattery. Please give credit by posting a link back here, to my blog.

Thank you for your support!


Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Basket Labels How-To...

In my last post I showed you these baskets that had labels hanging off them for my pantry organization project. In this post I will show you my simple method of assembling them.
What you will need for this project:
Labels - go here to purchase mine or make your own
A Laminator (Walmart)
Laminating Pouches 4x6 Size (Walmart)
Scissors (Your house probably!)
A Medium Round Hole Punch or Crop-a-dile (Michaels)
Paper Cutter (Michaels)
Small Black Zip-ties (Walmart)
Black Baskets (Dollarama)

The first thing you are going to do is print off all of your label on regular 8x11 printer paper. I used white because I didn't want anything affecting the final color of the labels.
I then cut them into squares, then I cut them out individually around the label. Good time to note that you may want to pour yourself a little cocktail and turn on the "Bachelor Canada" and enjoy the next while of therapeutic cutting!

Next, take your cut out labels and place them into the laminating pouch. I used the Scotch Thermal Laminating Pouches 4x6 size and got four labels comfortably into each pouch.

After your laminator has heated up to proper temperature, feed the laminating pouch containing four labels through it. I don't know if this really makes a difference or not, but I let it rest for about 10 seconds when it comes out and then I re-feed it through for an additional seal?!?! I have never had anything come apart on me yet.

Now you are going to want to use a paper cutter to make straight and evenly measured labels. My finished label cards were 3.5 inches wide and 2.5 inches high.

Next you are going to take your hole punch and punch two holes, one on either side of the top swoop in the label.

You will then take a black zip tie and feed it through the hole, connecting it to the basket, and zipping it up to secure. Repeat on the other side. Your label will now be secure to your basket.

Now you are left with the excess pointy zip tie poking up - simply slide it so that it faces the inside of the basket and clip it off.
Now all that is left is for you to fill your baskets up!
MWAH~

No comments: